CompDesE UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
CompDesE UG (haftungsbeschränkt) is a start-up company based in Aachen, Germany, which focus on design and optimization of fiber-reinforced composites using the Finite Elements Analysis (FEA). CompDesE relies on in-house knowledge about fiber reinforced composites with different textile reinforcement architectures as well as polymer- and ceramic based matrices.
We conduct computer-based analysis using composite failure analysis and run optimization of the structures to obtain maximal lightweighting effect. For that purpose we use specialized software, HyperWorks® from Altair Engingeering Inc., US.
Using this approach we aim to help traditional mechanical engineering companies (like this with metal constructions in the foreground) and want to make composite materials more accessible to them.
Together with our industrial partners we offer a complete solution, starting with production and analysis of the materials.
Advantages of Composite Design @ CompDesE
CompDesE offers solutions for the development and optimization of structural components made of fiber reinforced composites.
These solutions include:
- simplification (reduction of the number of elements and connections) of complex load-bearing structures of a motor vehicle but also
- improvement of the properties of moving components of the machine/construction and thus increase the performance of the system.
Our design approach results in following effects:
- Higher strength of the structure through new topography, topology,
- Reduction of the construction weight through the application of production-optimized Fibre Reinforced Composites,
- A higher load-bearing capacity of the construction (structure),
- Reducing the costs (manufacturing, operation) of design through manufacturing automation and improved lay-up,
- Fulfilment of specific requirements on the structure by utilization of purpose-driven design of the Fibre Reinforced Composite.
CompDesE was involved in development of composite parts and conducting feasibility studies for many partners. Some of realized projects are listed underneath:
1. Anti-roll bar together with partners from Lightweight Vehicle 2025 project (www.lightvehicle2025.eu/platform-of-companies/671/compdese-ug)
2. Flex-Beam for TFI Aachen GmbH (www.tfi2019neu.tfi-aachen.de)
3. Dynchem GbR feasibility study of high-preassure vessel (www.dynchem.com)
CompDesE operates in the center of Euregio Maas-Rhein near to Tripoint of Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Being in the center of Europe we have easy access to materials, technology and knowledge providers, organised around Universities:
- RWTH Aachen University, DE
- FH Aachen, DE
- University of Maastricht, NL
- KU Leuven, BE